Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Mark Phippard <ma...@softlanding.com> on 2006/10/27 19:01:59 UTC

Two possible bugs related to the configuration area?

These could be expected behavior, or they could be JavaHL bugs.  This is
tested on Windows with 1.4.0

1)  JavaHL has a method named setConfigDirectory(String name) that allows
you to override the location of the directory containing the runtime
configuration information.  From my testing on Windows, it appears that
this feature works for settings in the config file, such as auto props.
However, things like the SSL and password cache appear to still store in
the default location.  I would have expected all of the configuration area
info to be pointed to the new location, but it is entirely possible that
the feature is only intended to let you override the config file.

Does anyone know if this should also work for the cache?

2)  If the Subversion config area does not exist, then it is created
automatically when the JavaHL library is loaded.  However, if the folder
does exist, or has incomplete contents, then no attempt is made to fill
the folder with the correct contents.  The way this manifests is that when
the user is prompted to accept SSL credentials, the Accept Permanent does
not work because the auth/svn.ssl.server folder does not exist.  I did not
test if password cache has same problem, but I'd expect that it would.

I tested scenario #2 with the command line, and it created the necessary
folders to store the cache info.  JavaHL does not.

Mark

Re: Two possible bugs related to the configuration area?

Posted by "C. Michael Pilato" <cm...@collab.net>.
Mark Phippard wrote:
> These could be expected behavior, or they could be JavaHL bugs.  This is
> tested on Windows with 1.4.0
>
> 1)  JavaHL has a method named setConfigDirectory(String name) that allows
> you to override the location of the directory containing the runtime
> configuration information.  From my testing on Windows, it appears that
> this feature works for settings in the config file, such as auto props.
> However, things like the SSL and password cache appear to still store in
> the default location.  I would have expected all of the configuration area
> info to be pointed to the new location, but it is entirely possible that
> the feature is only intended to let you override the config file.
>
> Does anyone know if this should also work for the cache?

setConfigDirectory() was, I thought, supposed to be the equivalent of
running --config-dir on the commandline.

So I would expect that, as the auth cache is but one component of the
.subversion runtime configuration directory, the cache employed would
follow the recommendation of --config-dir or setConfigDirectory().

--
C. Michael Pilato <cm...@collab.net>