Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Blohm, Ed" <ed...@transcore.com> on 2003/03/31 18:26:14 UTC

having a problem with undeploy in tomcat web manager

I am having problems with the tomcat web manager.  When I try to undeploy my
webapp using the ant task undeploy, I get an error that looks like:

undeploy:
 [undeploy] FAIL - Cannot remove document base for path /

I can stop, start and reload my webapp using the ant tasks, but not undeploy
or remove the webapp.  I am running tomcat 4.1.24 and redhat 7.1. Thanks for
any help.

Eddie

Re: having a problem with undeploy in tomcat web manager

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.
Did you originally use the Ant manager tasks to "deploy" the
application?  If not, you need to use "install" and "remove".  "deploy" and
"undeploy" are a special case for remote deployment of a .war file using
HTTP PUT which normal browsers don't support.  So, if you didn't use the
Ant manager "deploy" task to deploy the application in the first place,
don't use "undeploy" to undeploy the application.

Jake