Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Erik Hatcher <er...@lucidimagination.com> on 2010/06/07 19:10:48 UTC

[webinar] Rapid Prototyping Search Applications with Solr

Marketing blurb below.  My personal hype here... I'm going to be
showcasing a straightforward document search engine, from files
through indexing through usable user interface in no time.  Come check
it out.  There'll be similarities to my EuroCon presentation[1],
though this will be an entirely custom built (building it as we
speak!) application for the webinar.

	Erik

-----

Want to get up and running with Apache Solr quickly and easily?

Join Erik Hatcher, Apache Solr and Lucene committer and co-founder of
Lucid Imagination, for a workshop on getting started with Solr, the
Lucene Enterprise Search Server. Erik shows you how to use LucidWorks
for Solr, to iteratively work your way from raw data to full featured
search application, complete with features such as faceting,
highlighting, and spellchecking. In this hands-on technical
presentation, you'll also learn about

   * Tips for adjusting Solr's schema to more tightly match your needs
   * Powerful prototyping tools for use with Solr
   * Showing your data in a flexible search user interface

<http://events.lucidimagination.com/home/listing/tabid/64/listingkey/7/rapid_prototyping_search_applications_with_solr.aspx

----

[1] <http://lucene-eurocon.org/sessions-track2-day2.html#4>