Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Reta Medlin <re...@drcharlesblair.com> on 2005/02/23 23:52:47 UTC

enctype HELP

If one of you could please help me, I would GREATLY appreciate it.  If
this is even possible.  I have a form and I need it to send data that is
formatted.  I thought you used enctype to do that, but I seem to not
have the right enctype.  Or something.  Here is what I get when I used
multipart/form-data, I get this:

-----------------------------7d5bb124024e

Reta Test
-----------------------------7d5bb124024e

1548 Harkey Lane
-----------------------------7d5bb124024e

Appt 4B
-----------------------------7d5bb124024e

Kanooky
-----------------------------7d5bb124024e

Kansas
-----------------------------7d5bb124024e

98754
-----------------------------7d5bb124024e

806-987-9874
-----------------------------7d5bb124024e

806-687-5789
-----------------------------7d5bb124024e

reta@drcharlesblair.com
-----------------------------7d5bb124024e-

when I use plain/text, I get this:

name=Reta+Test&address=1029+Test+Lane&address2=&city=Kanooky&state=Kansa
s&zip=98754&phone=806-987-9874&fax=806-687-5789&email=reta@drcharlesblai
r.com

I need it to do something like this:

Name: Reta
Address: 1029 Test Address

Etc.

Is there any way to do this, or am I just dreaming?  Any help would be
greatly appreciated.  Even if it is to say you can't do that.

Thanks So much!!!

Sincerely,

Reta

RE: enctype HELP

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
Hi,

If you are using Embperl, take the formdata out of the hash %fdat. In case
you don't use Embperl you are on the wrong mailing list, but I would suggest
using CGI.pm.

Gerald

P.S. Your browser is only able to send in the two formats you described, not
the one you like to have.