Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Stefan Pickel <st...@t-online.de> on 2005/07/28 18:00:28 UTC

borders with FOP resolution 72dpi

Hello,

With FOP resolution of 72dpi border-width="1px" is about 0.35...mm
It is possible to change dpi to get thinner borders?

I tried to change
<pixelToMillimeter value="0.35277777777777777778"/>
in fop.xconf, but i get

[ERROR] Unknown tag in configuration file: pixelToMillimeter

Thanks for help.

Kind Regards

Stefan Pickel

Re: AW: borders with FOP resolution 72dpi

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
Well, in 0.20.5 I think this is simply implicit and hardcoded. In the
trunk this took some adjusting in certain places. It could also be that
in 0.20.5 there are rounding errors that affect the border widths.

I'll check out the border behaviour in trunk shortly.

> On Jul 29, 2005, at 10:30, Stefan Pickel wrote:
>
> > I already tested with device-independent units,
> > PDF rendering is ok, but when printing with fop
> > borders have the same width until reaching 0.35...mm
>
> Hmm... So that happens when you render directly to the printer
> (PrintRenderer)?
>
> I know that with the version currently in the TRUNK, you can set this
> with FOUserAgent.setResolution() --which defaults to 72dpi.
>
> How this is done in the maintenance branch (FOP 0.20.5), I'm not
> sure... Anyone?

Jeremias Maerki

Re: AW: borders with FOP resolution 72dpi

Posted by Andreas L Delmelle <a_...@pandora.be>.
On Jul 29, 2005, at 10:30, Stefan Pickel wrote:

> I already tested with device-independent units,
> PDF rendering is ok, but when printing with fop
> borders have the same width until reaching 0.35...mm

Hmm... So that happens when you render directly to the printer
(PrintRenderer)?

I know that with the version currently in the TRUNK, you can set this
with FOUserAgent.setResolution() --which defaults to 72dpi.

How this is done in the maintenance branch (FOP 0.20.5), I'm not
sure... Anyone?

Greetz,

AD

AW: borders with FOP resolution 72dpi

Posted by Stefan Pickel <st...@t-online.de>.
Hi,

I already tested with device-independent units,
PDF rendering is ok, but when printing with fop
borders have the same width until reaching 0.35...mm

How can I print thinner borders?

Stefan Pickel

Posted by Andreas L Delmelle <a_...@pandora.be>.