Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Adriano Crestani <ad...@apache.org> on 2007/10/23 07:47:37 UTC

[Propose] A Tuscany Native release with SCA, SDO and DAS

Hi,

How about a Tuscany Native release with all native projects: SCA, SDO and
DAS?

The 3 projects have an Apache Ant build system that is a good point for a
release containing all of them.

SCA next release is being discussed on [1].

DAS is ready for its first release, all necessary operations as CRUD it's
already performing.

What about SDO, is it ready for a next release?

Thoughts? Suggestions?

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org/msg25052.html

Adriano Crestani

<http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org/msg25052.html>

Re: [Propose] A Tuscany Native release with SCA, SDO and DAS

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
Good on you. +1 to Adriano as RM.

   ...ant

Posted by Amita Vadhavkar <am...@gmail.com>.
Cool, +1 from me and do let me know if I can help somewhere.

Regards,
Amita

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Yoder <Mi...@roguewave.com>.
Yes the issue applies to both Java/C++.  The issue is that while global
XSD elements map to single valued open content properties, types with an
xsd:any element that is maxOccurs > 1 may have open content that is
multi-valued. I believe Frank Budinsky mentioned that Tuscany SDO Java
has some sort of  workaround API in place for this.

Michael
Rogue Wave Software, Inc. - yoder@roguewave.com Software Developer -
HydraSDO

Posted by Pete Robbins <ro...@googlemail.com>.
Is the spec issue applicable to Java SDO as well as C++?

Cheers,

On 07/11/2007, Brady Johnson <Br...@roguewave.com> wrote:

> I just submit some negative WSDL unit tests (svn revision 592942). They
> test that the WSDL parsing correctly handles erroneous WSDLs.
>
> In the process of writing them, I found 2 TuscanySDO bugs:
>        https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-1900
>        https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-1901
>
> And a pretty serious SDO spec issue. Michael Yoder can explain better,
> but basically the issue has to do with schemas that have a global
> element with xsd:any with maxOccurs > 1, you can only have a single
> valued property. This problem can be reproduced by uncommenting the
> following test case in runtime/core/test/main.cpp:
>        TEST ( wsdlErrorsTest.testDuplicateSOAPAddress() );
> Basically the test fails because its expecting an SDO exception, but
> none is thrown.
>

> --------------------
> Brady Johnson
> Lead Software Developer - HydraSCA
> Rogue Wave Software - brady.johnson@roguewave.com

Pete

RE: [Propose] A Tuscany Native release with SCA, SDO and DAS

Posted by Adriano Crestani <ad...@apache.org>.
thanks  brady ; )

Posted by Pete Robbins <ro...@googlemail.com>.
good stuff. I'll check it out.

On 05/11/2007, Brady Johnson <Br...@roguewave.com> wrote:

> I just submit the first SCA Native unit test. It's only a simple WSDL
> test, but it's a start :) This commit (svn revision 592062) includes the
> testing infrastructure and an incremental check in of the wsdl tests,
> meaning I have several more wsdl tests coming soon.  I also have some
> composite tests planned to come soon. You'll also need to get svn
> revision 592064 to be able to run the tests from the root source dir.
>
> --------------------
> Brady Johnson
> Lead Software Developer - HydraSCA
> Rogue Wave Software - brady.johnson@roguewave.com

Pete

RE: [Propose] A Tuscany Native release with SCA, SDO and DAS

wrote:

> > this

> > be

> > http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANYWIKI/SCA+Native+Ne
> > xt+R

Pete

Re: [Propose] A Tuscany Native release with SCA, SDO and DAS

Posted by Pete Robbins <ro...@googlemail.com>.
Up to now we have tried to keep the distros separate so that we could,
for example, create an SDO release without SCA. I'd like to keep it
like this.

Cheers,

On 04/11/2007, Adriano Crestani <ad...@apache.org> wrote:
> Agreed ; )
>
> Adriano Crestani
>
> On 11/2/07, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > My thought is that, SCA users might not be using SDO and/or DAS and
> > vice versa, and if they use, they might have different versions
> > playing together (e.g SCA X with SDO Y).   This is also the same
> > pattern we have in the Java side, where SCA, SDO and DAS are released
> > as separate packages.
> >
> > So, considering flexibility, I'd suggest to continue to use the same
> > pattern used on the previous Native Release [1], and have separate
> > artifacts freleased or each Native sub-project.
> >
> > Thoughts ?
> >
> > [1]
> > http://people.apache.org/dist/incubator/tuscany/cpp/1.0-incubator-M3/win32/
> >
> > On 11/1/07, Adriano Crestani <ad...@apache.org> wrote:
> > > Thanks everybody :D
> > >
> > > I'm studying right now how is the best way to distribute all the 3
> > projects
> > > together. I'm thinking on place all into a root directory and merge all
> > 3
> > > LICENSE, NOTICE and COPYING on this root directory is enough. I thought
> > > about a top level build.xml too:
> > >
> > > /LICENSE
> > > /NOTICE
> > > /COPYING
> > > /build.xml
> > > /das
> > >       INSTALL
> > >       README
> > >       build.xml
> > > /sdo
> > >       INSTALL
> > >       README
> > >       build.xml
> > > /sca
> > >       INSTALL
> > >       README
> > >       build.xml
> > >
> > > Suggestions?
> > >
> > > Adriano Crestani

> > test

> > go

> > this

> > be

> > http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANYWIKI/SCA+Native+Next+R

Pete

Re: [Propose] A Tuscany Native release with SCA, SDO and DAS

Posted by Adriano Crestani <ad...@apache.org>.
Agreed ; )

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Adriano Crestani <ad...@apache.org>.
Thanks everybody :D

Posted by Venkata Krishnan <fo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brady Johnson <Br...@roguewave.com>.
Adriano,

This JIRA is from August and Pete Robbins deleted the previous "stale"
test suite back then. So currently there are no SCA tests.

I'm in the process of writing some SCA tests now using a testing
infrastructure similar to that of SDO/DAS.

I hope to be done with some WSDL and Composite unit tests early next
week.

--------------------

Posted by Adriano Crestani <ad...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Adriano Crestani <ad...@apache.org>.
Cool,

Posted by Simon Nash <na...@hursley.ibm.com>.
+1 for this.

   Simon

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Adriano Crestani <ad...@apache.org>.
I will start pointing what is remaining for DAS:

- Documentation
- User Guide
- Architecture Guide
- Getting Started