Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by stdunbar <sc...@xigole.com> on 2007/12/26 18:12:32 UTC

Newbie question regarding the loan-broker example

I'm in the process of learning and started with the loan-broker example in
ServiceMix 3.2.1.  I changed
examples/loan-broker/src/components/loanbroker/LenderGateway.java to
(intentionally) have a bad "recipient".

When I run this example normally the client side quickly completes.  When I
run it with a bad recipient I get an error from the server side (as I would
expect) but I never get a response back and, while the client side gives me
a time out exception, it never completes.

In an enterprise environment how can I handle something like this?  I'd
never expect the client to hang but I very well may be missing something
very basic in my understanding.

Thanks for any information.