Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Andrey Kuznetsov <de...@gmail.com> on 2005/12/14 22:11:16 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] Re: cgi scripts outside of cgi-bin

Funny, I could never get cgi to work in cgi-bin ;)
This is the stuff I have on my config and I run a counter script
outside cgi-bin.
Not sure if this is what you are asking but this works for me out of
cgi-bin for cgi scripts.

___httpd.conf___

Options Indexes FollowSymLinks ExecCGI
LoadModule cgi_module modules/mod_cgi.so

# AddHandler allows you to map certain file extensions to "handlers":
# actions unrelated to filetype. These can be either built into the server
# or added with the Action directive (see below)
#
# To use CGI scripts outside of ScriptAliased directories:
# (You will also need to add "ExecCGI" to the "Options" directive.)
#
AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .pl

______

On 12/13/05, Christopher J. Bottaro <cj...@alumni.cs.utexas.edu> wrote:
> Joshua Slive wrote:
>
> > On 12/13/05, Christopher J. Bottaro <cj...@alumni.cs.utexas.edu>
> > wrote:
> >> The exact same script works if I put it in Apache's cgi-bin dir.  Any
> >> ideas? I'm using Apache-2.0.54. Thanks for the help.
> >
> > What exactly happens when you try this?  What is in the browser?  What
> > is in the error_log?  Most importantly: what is in the suexec_log,
> > since I'd guess the problem is with suexec.
>
> Oh, forgot to mention that...:)  error_log says this:
>
> [Tue Dec 13 15:03:19 2005] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Premature end of
> script headers: test.cgi, referer:
> http://localhost/~sti/tragence/webapp/interfaces/customer/weblib/pb_upload/
>
> suexec.log says this:
>
> [2005-12-13 15:03:19]: uid: (501/sti) gid: (501/501) cmd: upload.cgi
> [2005-12-13 15:03:19]: directory is writable by others:
> (/home/sti/public_html/tragence/webapp/interfaces/weblib/pb_upload)
>
> If I do apachectl -V, it says that it's looking for SUEXEC_BIN
> in /usr/sbin/suexec.  The strange thing is that /usr/sbin/suexec doesn't
> exist.  I'm using Fedora Core 4 and I can't figure out which package
> installs suexec.
>
> > Joshua.
>
> Thanks for the help,
> -- Christopher