Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Chuck Murcko <ch...@n2k.com> on 1997/01/08 04:31:41 UTC

server timeouts and FIN_WAIT_2

Is there something specific about the way Apache handles timeouts and/or
connection closes now that could be causing connections left in FIN_WAIT_2?
I can't see anything obvious in the source, but these are areas of the
code I'm not intimately familiar with.

Did the basic way timeouts or closes are handled by the server change
between Apache 1.1.1 and Apache 1.2 change in any way?

We seem to have some folks in c.w.i.s.u. who are convinced that this is all
a problem with Apache 1.2.

chuck
And now, on a lighter note:
Any clod can have the facts, but having opinions is an art.
		-- Charles McCabe

Re: server timeouts and FIN_WAIT_2

Posted by Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>.
lingering close; could be an obscure implementation bug in apache code or,
more likely, bugs in various OSes that don't do a half-close properly.
Has anyone with the problem tried compiling with NO_LINGCLOSE to see if
it goes away?