Posted to user@ranger.apache.org by Ramesh Mani <rm...@hortonworks.com> on 2015/08/30 19:59:12 UTC

Re: Ranger - Application level Authorization

Aneela,

Yes you can build custom plugins in ranger and define policy for your own resources. Please refer this ranger wiki  for it.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=53741207

Thanks,
Ramesh

From: Aneela Saleem <an...@platalytics.com>>
Date: Sunday, August 30, 2015 at 9:41 AM
To: Ramesh Mani <rm...@hortonworks.com>>
Cc: Asad Faizi <as...@platalytics.com>>
Subject: Ranger - Application level Authorization

Hi Ramesh,

We are building a platform that facilitates our end users to create their applications. We have different roles for users like admin and developer  etc.  We want to achieve application level authorization such that an admin can create and update any application. A developer can create new application and execute it as well. Some other user may view the application and some may only execute it. Admin can assign different roles to different users.

Can we achieve it using Ranger? Can we add our custom plugins that we can register our applications to, and create policies in our own way?