Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Henning Schmiedehausen <hp...@intermeta.de> on 2004/08/10 23:32:40 UTC

ReOrg of the Turbine CVS repositories

Hi,

on the turbine-dev list, we had a little discussion about the various
jakarta-turbine-* projects. One of these is jakarta-turbine-jcs, which
seems to be alive and well, but no longer connected to the main Turbine
project.

There was a discussion on general@jakarta about turbine-jcs which went
nowhere.

I remember from the discussion (actually I cheated. I looked into my
mailbox :-) that there was thinking about moving JCS into jakarta
commons, a move that I personally no longer consider wise, because the
current state of commons would suddently pour a host of fellow jakarta
developers with commit rights over JCS.

My question now is: Are you folks feeling comfortable being "hidden"
under the umbrella of Jakarta Turbine or can we (we as in
"jakarta-turbine developers outside jcs")  somehow help you to promote
the JCS project into 2nd level status in either Jakarta or DB?

It would be nice to reduce the twelve (!) different jakarta-turbine-*
CVS repositories back to a more sane number.

Opinions? Please send me a Cc or keep turbine-dev on the Cc list,
because I only browse the jcs-dev list on eyebrowse.

	Regards
		Henning

RHCE - Consultant - Jakarta Turbine Development  - hero for hire

"Fighting for one's political stand is an honourable action, but re-
                       --Michelle Levesque, "Fundamental Issues with
                                    Open Source Software Development"