Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by Michael Watzek <mw...@spree.de> on 2005/06/03 12:31:33 UTC

Patch for JDO-53

Hi,

I'm not sure how to continue on this issue. I see three options:

1) Check in the changes though they do not have the expected effect.
2) Leave the code unchanged and close the bug.
3) Check in the changes and change the coding pattern for TCK tests, so
that all tests share the same PMF instance.

I vote for option 1). Below I listed the changes for option 1):

1) Additional dependencies to JPOX plugins, DBCP, C3P0, commons-pool,
commons-collections.
2) Change in propject.properties, maven.xml to extend the TCK classpath
3) Add a JPOX property to PMF properties

I have added a patch file containing these changes. The connection pool
in this patch is set to DBCP. You can switch to C3P0 if you set JPOX
property "org.jpox.connectionPoolingType" to "C3P0".

In order to run you need to download the following jars and store them
in your local maven repository:

1) jpox-dbcp-1.1.0-beta-3.jar to jpox/jars
2) jpox-c3p0-1.1.0-beta-3.jar to jpox/jars
3) commons-dbcp-1.2.1.jar to commons-dbcp/jars
4) c3p0-0.8.5.2.jar to c3p0/jars
5) commons-pool-1.2.jar to commons-pool/jars
6) commons-collections-3.1.jar to commons-collections/jars

Regards,
Michael

Re: Patch for JDO-53

Posted by Michael Watzek <mw...@spree.de>.
Hi Michelle,

> Hi Michael,
>
> Version 0.8.5.2 of c3p0 is not available on ibiblio.org.  Version
> 0.8.4.5 is available.  Is it possible to use the earlier version?  (It
> looks like I get some additional errors on the TCK using the earlier
> version.)
I can not recommend using version 0.8.5.2. I got lots of errors
(something like 300).

If not, can you provide a URL for downloading the later version?
There is a new prerelease 6 available for download. This produces
reasonable amount of errors/failures. I got the same amount of errors
without connection pooling:

Datastore identity:
Tests run: 350,  Failures: 13,  Errors: 88 (Time: 625 seconds)

Application identity:
Tests run: 350,  Failures: 12,  Errors: 84 (Time: 768 seconds)

The download URL is:

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/c3p0/c3p0-0.9.0-pre6.bin.zip?use_mirror=switch

Attached you find a patch for the project.xml, containing that version
together with the doanload URL. "jdori.properties" are set to use c3p0
connection pooling with this patch.

Regards,
Michael

Re: Patch for JDO-53

Posted by Michelle Caisse <Mi...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Michael,

Version 0.8.5.2 of c3p0 is not available on ibiblio.org.  Version
0.8.4.5 is available.  Is it possible to use the earlier version?  (It
looks like I get some additional errors on the TCK using the earlier
version.)  If not, can you provide a URL for downloading the later version?

Thanks,
Michelle