Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Daniel Requena <da...@compumatic.net> on 2011/06/15 12:03:23 UTC

[users@httpd] Command not found error on apache version 2.2.3 in CentOs

Hi,
when I try to execute a php order using shell_exec or backtick
operator, the command never returns anything. Also, appears a new line
in error_log file each time php file is called from url, with the next
information:
sh: hostname: command not found.
I've tried to put the complete path when calling `hostname` command,
using echo `/bin/hostname` php order, and then appears the next error
in error_log:
sh: hostname: permission denied
The user apache is well-configurd in system and pointed in httpd.conf
file as
User apache
Group apache
Can anyone help me?
Many thanks,

Dani

Re: [users@httpd] Command not found error on apache version 2.2.3 in CentOs

Posted by Igor Galić <i....@brainsware.org>.
CentOS implies SELinux, that won't allow random execution.

> when I try to execute a php order using shell_exec or backtick
> operator, the command never returns anything. Also, appears a new
> line
> in error_log file each time php file is called from url, with the
> next
> information:
> sh: hostname: command not found.
> I've tried to put the complete path when calling `hostname` command,
> using echo `/bin/hostname` php order, and then appears the next error
> in error_log:
> sh: hostname: permission denied
> The user apache is well-configurd in system and pointed in httpd.conf
> file as
> User apache
> Group apache
> Can anyone help me?