Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Steve Davis <st...@digitalevergreen.com> on 2001/06/24 21:11:10 UTC

Database scripts out of date

Could someone with CVS commit permission update the
jakarta-jetspeed/src/sql/external directory to include the
latest scripts from jakarta-turbine/src/sql.  The current
scripts are not up to date for the version of Turbine that
is included in the CVS HEAD.

I am using mysql and there are 3 new scripts for Turbine

	mysql-id-table-schema.sql
	mysql-turbine-id-table-init.sql
	mysql-turbine-security.sql

in addition to

	mysql-turbine.sql

Turbine evidently needs an additional table "ID_TABLE" now to
create or delete a user. I was playing around with the new user/roles
admin and kept getting the following exception whenever I tried to
create or delete a user.

         Exception:  java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
        Stack Trace follows:
        java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException:
java.sql.SQLException: General error: Table 'JETSPEED.ID_TABLE' doesn't
exist
        at org.gjt.mm.mysql.MysqlIO.sendCommand(MysqlIO.java:497)
        at org.gjt.mm.mysql.MysqlIO.sqlQueryDirect(MysqlIO.java:550)
        at org.gjt.mm.mysql.MysqlIO.sqlQuery(MysqlIO.java:635)
        at org.gjt.mm.mysql.Connection.execSQL(Connection.java:882)
        at org.gjt.mm.mysql.Connection.execSQL(Connection.java:815)
        at org.gjt.mm.mysql.Statement.executeQuery(Statement.java:169)
        at
org.gjt.mm.mysql.jdbc2.Statement.executeQuery(Statement.java:78)
        at com.workingdogs.village.Schema.schema(Schema.java:140)
        at com.workingdogs.village.Schema.schema(Schema.java:107)
        at com.workingdogs.village.DataSet.<init>(DataSet.java:167)
        at
com.workingdogs.village.TableDataSet.<init>(TableDataSet.java:130)
        at
org.apache.turbine.om.peer.BasePeer.doUpdate(BasePeer.java:1666)
        at
org.apache.turbine.util.db.IDBroker.storeIDs(IDBroker.java:554)
        at
org.apache.turbine.util.db.IDBroker.getNextIds(IDBroker.java:371)
        at
org.apache.turbine.util.db.IDBroker.getIdAsBigDecimal(IDBroker.java:285)
        at
org.apache.turbine.om.peer.BasePeer.doInsert(BasePeer.java:746)
        at
org.apache.turbine.om.peer.BasePeer.doInsert(BasePeer.java:657)
        at
org.apache.turbine.services.security.db.DBUserManager.createAccount(DBUs
erManager.java:399)

Thanks,

-- Steve Davis

RE: Database scripts out of date

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
> Doesn't the TDK use Torque as well?  It seems to me to be the
> best choice
> instead of having to fine tune each .sql script.

Yes, I agree.

I tried today to integrate the TDK Torque stuff with Jetspeed, but couldn't
get it to integrate.
So Im still perpetuating the scripts.

I hope to get some help from the TDK team later this week
Otherwise, we should leave the scripts in 1.3a2.

-------------------------------------
David Sean Taylor
taylor@apache.org
-------------------------------------
http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed
-------------------------------------

Posted by Dirk Hamstra <di...@iona.com>.
>I proposed distributing Torque with Jetspeed to keep the scripts in sync in
>the future, but I received  no response on my proposal.
>I prefer distributing Torque, and removing the scripts. Anyone
>else have any
>thoughts on this subject?

Ditch the scripts +1 on Torque

-Dirk

RE: Database scripts out of date

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.

Posted by Narayanan Natarajan <na...@nonhp-sg.exch.hp.com>.
Hi,

Could you please tell me the location where I can get the updated Scripts?

Kind Regards,
N.Natarajan

Posted by Narayanan Natarajan <na...@nonhp-sg.exch.hp.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Narayanan Natarajan <na...@nonhp-sg.exch.hp.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Narayanan Natarajan <na...@nonhp-sg.exch.hp.com>.
Hi,

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
> create or delete a user. I was playing around with the new user/roles
> admin and kept getting the following exception whenever I tried to
> create or delete a user.

Steve,

The new user/role stuff is still under construction.
Should have this completed by end of this week...
Ive committed new scripts for mySQL and Oracle (see prev. email)
The implemented admin templates seem to work fine with mySQL now.
Please verify if you get a chance

thanks

David