Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Michael Ardan <mi...@electronicscience.com> on 2013/12/03 03:47:34 UTC

[DATE/TIME FORMAT] Correct use of date/time format

Hi Everyone,

Greetings!

I stumbled this somewhat 'uninvited' result while using data format of
the CellStyle.
Below is the details of what I have found:

Format used: *yyyymmdd h:mm AM/PM*
Input: *2013-09-06 14:01:41.673662*
Desired result: *20130906 2:01 PM*
Actual result: *20130906 2:01 PM

*Given this information, as you can see, the result was satisfying.
Below is another details:

Format used: *yyyymmdd h:mm AM/PM*
Input: *2013-09-07 12:36:13.614938*
Desired result: *20130907 12:36 PM*
Actual result:*################

*12 o'clock shares the same result with 11 o'clock and 10 o'clock. I
observed that having 2 digits on the hour field will return the given
result.
I've been wondering if the given scenario is a bug or I'm missing something.
**
Thanks and Regards,
--
*Michael Ardan*
Jr Analyst/Developer

/This e-mail message (including attachments, if any) is intended for the
use of the individual or the entity to whom it is addressed and may
contain information that is privileged, proprietary, confidential and
exempt from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
communication in error, please notify the sender and delete this E-mail
message immediately./

Re: [DATE/TIME FORMAT] Correct use of date/time format

Posted by Michael Ardan <mi...@electronicscience.com>.
I have found the source of my problem. The result having 2 digits in
hour field doesn't fit in the column width thus resulting to #########.
Widening the column will immediately turn the ######### into my desired
result.

Thanks!