Posted to dev@training.apache.org by Mirko Kämpf <mi...@gmail.com> on 2023/04/11 14:57:02 UTC

OKRs for Apache Training - Proposal

Hey,

In order to bring some more energy and focus into the project I suggest to
start using OKRs.

Since I am not sure if this is a way how ASF projects typically work I
decided to give it a try. At least on my personal level it makes things
easier, so I thought, for others it could work as well.

I added my first OKR draft to this email.

Please let me know what you think.

Cheers,
Mirko

O1 We improve community participation to get ready for continuous
colaboration on training material.
KR1 We conducted a monthly session (30 min, recorded) to clarify issues and
prep next steps.
KR2 We have selected an approach to manage community related events.
KR3 We have documented and used a slim process for content contribution.
O2 We work continuously on our strategy.
KR1 Each contributor has shared its own vision document which describes how
he envisions the future of Apache Training and his personal contributions.
KR2 We have conducted a brain-storming session using MIRO to create a
project vision board.
KR3 We have integrated all contributions regarding the project's vision and
its future strategy and updated the webpage accordingly.
O3  We actively integrate our activities with other Apache projects.
KR1 We have a standardized interview sheet for collecting information about
other projects and how they see Apache Training.
KR2 We have interviewed members of 5 ASF projects.
KR3 We extracted our learnings about next collaboration steps from
interview results.
KR4 We have published our findings in a blog.
O4 We provide a standardized approach for training artefact creation.
KR1 We have a template for presentations.
KR2 We have a template for tutorials / workshop sessions

Re: OKRs for Apache Training - Proposal

Posted by Alexis TADIFO <al...@gmail.com>.
I'm favourable to your vision and the use of OKR to deliver results and
keep focus while doing it. I've some questions and contributions regarding
your latest contribution (*in the eventuality that the community adopts the
OKR methodology*) :

   - O1  ✅
   - O2  ✅
   - O2-KR2 — we can brainstorm the tool to use (Trello, Confluence, Miro,
   ...).
   - O3 & O4 seem to be outputs of O2, maybe we can let the community
   identify and design next objectives (after O1 and O2).

Cheers.

*Alexis C. TADIFO*

📞 (+237) 697 991 590 📞(+1) 418 569 8877

Posted by Mirko Kämpf <mi...@gmail.com>.