Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Jeffrey Dever <js...@sympatico.ca> on 2003/01/31 02:24:28 UTC

maven style core javadoc on jakarta

It would be nice to have the javadoc generated for jakarta projects to
link internally to the actual Sun core api documentation.  This was
easily accomplished with ant, but I'm not sure how to do that with maven.

It would probablly be nice to have a set of core javadoc for various
java versions hosted on Jakarta.  Perhaps in the Maven style?  Then
projects could use that as a external refrence.  Does that sound like a
good idea?

-jsd

Re: maven style core javadoc on jakarta

Posted by bob mcwhirter <bo...@werken.com>.
> It would be nice to have the javadoc generated for jakarta projects to
> link internally to the actual Sun core api documentation.  This was
> easily accomplished with ant, but I'm not sure how to do that with maven.
>
> It would probablly be nice to have a set of core javadoc for various
> java versions hosted on Jakarta.  Perhaps in the Maven style?  Then
> projects could use that as a external refrence.  Does that sound like a
> good idea?

    maven.javadoc.links = comma, separated, list, of, urls

for example:

    maven.javadoc.links = \
        http://drools.org/apidocs/, \
        http://petridish.werken.com/apidocs/, \
        http://jakarta.apache.org/avalon/api/, \
        http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/jelly/apidocs, \
        http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/docs/api/

Just dump it into your project.properties

	-bob

Re: maven style core javadoc on jakarta

Posted by Jeffrey Dever <js...@sympatico.ca>.
Great.
Where do you guys find all these groovy maven properties?  I can't find
a concise list of them.

Jeff/Jandalf/jsd

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.

--