Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by Alistair Young <al...@smo.uhi.ac.uk> on 2005/12/19 16:33:01 UTC

XMLBeans and DAO

Has anyone any opinions on DAO on top of XMLBeans generated APIs? I can
see this as a good thing and probably quite simple to implement in a
single schema API but when you include multiple and potentially huge
schema it's probably as much work to do the DAO layer as it was to develop
XMLBeans in the first place! I'm talking about xmldsig and soap.

The XMLBeans generated APIs are pretty intuitive. So it's a tradeoff
between instant schema support tightly coupled to your app NOW as opposed
to a loosely coupled schema sometime in the (probably distant) future.

There's the option of the Extension Interfaces Feature and only call the
beans through that interface and loop back into the beans via the static
handlers.

How do people use XMLBeans at the moment? Are people ok with using the
generated APIs directly?

thanks,

Alistair

--