Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> on 2006/06/25 18:47:05 UTC

Please don't deploy broken poms for new xmlbeans release 2.2

As I mentioned in http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MEV-406 the poms
for xmlbeans 2.0 are seriously broken.  While it seems to me that
carlos' concerns about changing the xmlbeans 2.0.0 pom are completely
contrary to the mev instructions, I'd like to at least avoid the same
situation occurring for the new xmlbeans release.  I'll try to come
up with something correct in the next few days but meanwhile I'd like
to know what can be done to prevent broken poms from being deployed,
especially for this particular case.

thanks
david jencks

Re: Please don't deploy broken poms for new xmlbeans release 2.2

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.
Then just ask them to make a new release and provide the right metadata ;)

Posted by Stephen Duncan <st...@gmail.com>.
http://geronimo.apache.org/xbean/sitemap.html != http://xmlbeans.apache.org/

- Stephen

On 6/25/06, Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org> wrote:
> Well, you'd have to get in touch with the team that developes it. But
> I think they already deploy the right stuff into org.apache.xbean
> http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/org/apache/xbean/
>
> On 6/25/06, David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > As I mentioned in http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MEV-406 the poms
> > for xmlbeans 2.0 are seriously broken.  While it seems to me that
> > carlos' concerns about changing the xmlbeans 2.0.0 pom are completely
> > contrary to the mev instructions, I'd like to at least avoid the same
> > situation occurring for the new xmlbeans release.  I'll try to come
> > up with something correct in the next few days but meanwhile I'd like
> > to know what can be done to prevent broken poms from being deployed,
> > especially for this particular case.
> >
> > thanks
> > david jencks

>                              -- The Princess Bride

Stephen Duncan Jr
www.stephenduncanjr.com

Re: Please don't deploy broken poms for new xmlbeans release 2.2

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.