Posted to netcat@netbeans.apache.org by Jiří Kovalský <ji...@oracle.com> on 2018/04/04 07:15:26 UTC

[db] Progress of DB testing

Hi Database tribe,

    this is a kind reminder about test run for 9.0 version finishing in
a week from now on 4/12 and it seems that only Efrem McCrimon
volunteered to test database drivers and connectivity. Unfortunately, it
seems that he is still at 0%.

    Can somebody from the Database tribe help him and test the databases
integration on some other platform or does it mean that we will not have
that area tested at all in Apache NetBeans 9.0 GA release?

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Best regards,

Hermien Pellissier and Jiří Kovalský
NetCAT 9.0 coordinators

Re: [db] Progress of DB testing

Posted by Efrem Mc <ef...@gmail.com>.
I am going to complete DB Testing this morning.  I also have Oracle XE
installed and everything is working to Debry, mySQL, and Oracle XE.  I
was only able to get Oracle XE to work using a system account.  The
user account I created was not able to authenticate through the
driver.  The account is able to login through the web interface.

I will run the Test cases within the next few minutes.

Regards,

Efrem Mc

On Wed, Apr 4, 2018 at 4:41 AM, Jiří Kovalský <ji...@oracle.com> wrote:
> That's fine. You can just skip it. So, can I assign the DB spec to you?
>
> http://netbeans-vm.apache.org/synergy/database_test_specification/9.0
>
> Thanks,
> -Jirka
>
> Dne 4.4.2018 v 10:05 enroi@mail.ru.INVALID napsal(a):
>>
>> I can help on weekend but I do not have oracle available.

RE: [db] Progress of DB testing

Posted by en...@mail.ru.INVALID.
I have finished "Database Test Specification" under JDK 10.
I have added few new minor/not important issues.
I can not edit main spec page http://netbeans-vm.apache.org/synergy/client/app/#/specification/389/v/2 because i do not have "Edit" button. For Mercury spec I have edit button http://netbeans-vm.apache.org/synergy/client/app/#/specification/298/v/2

Posted by Efrem Mc <ef...@gmail.com>.

Re: [db] Progress of DB testing

Posted by Efrem Mc <ef...@gmail.com>.

Re: [db] Progress of DB testing

Posted by Efrem Mc <ef...@gmail.com>.

Re: [db] Progress of DB testing

Posted by Jiří Kovalský <ji...@oracle.com>.
That's fine. You can just skip it. So, can I assign the DB spec to you?

http://netbeans-vm.apache.org/synergy/database_test_specification/9.0

Thanks,
-Jirka

Dne 4.4.2018 v 10:05 enroi@mail.ru.INVALID napsal(a):
> I can help on weekend but I do not have oracle available.

RE: [db] Progress of DB testing

Posted by en...@mail.ru.INVALID.