Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Eranda Sooriyabandara <07...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/11 07:15:01 UTC

GSoC project idea : Develop a 'NoSQL' Datastore component for Apache Cassandra, CouchDB, Hadoop/Hbase

Hi Devs,
I am Eranda Sooriyabandara from University of Moratuwa. I saw that you had
the GSoC project idea to "Develop a 'NoSQL' Datastore component for Apache
Cassandra, CouchDB, Hadoop/Hbase" [1] which is not accepted. I would like to
involve in that project if you are willing to add it as a GSoC project. I
would like to know whether you are willing to add this as  a GSoC 2011
project.

thanks

Eranda Sooriyabandara
http://www.emsooriyabandara.blogspot.com/
http://lk.linkedin.com/in/erandasooriyabandara

[1]. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-3522

Re: GSoC project idea : Develop a 'NoSQL' Datastore component for Apache Cassandra, CouchDB, Hadoop/Hbase

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 6:52 PM, Jean-Sebastien Delfino
<js...@apache.org> wrote:
> On 03/11/2011 05:26 AM, Eranda Sooriyabandara wrote:
>>
>> Hi Jean-Sebastien,
>> Thanks for interesting the project and glad have you as the project
>> mentor.
>> If you can show me some points which I need to do/look as a start up with
>> this project, that would be great.
>>
>> thanks
>
> Hi Eranda,
>
> Here are a few things you could start with:
>
> - Start to create the project proposal on our Wiki [1]. This will allow the
> Tuscany community to engage with you and provide help, comments and review.
>
> - Install the latest Tuscany 2.0 release, also get the Tuscany 2.0 trunk and
> set up your environment to build it.
>
> - Try a few Tuscany 2.0 samples. Once you're familiar with the concepts of
> composite, component and the SCA APIs, perhaps look at the samples that use
> collections of data (e.g. applications/store) and the REST samples, as they
> could give you some ideas on how to shape your data store components and
> have them play well with REST patterns.
>
> It's been a long time since I've looked at our REST samples, but don't
> hesitate to ask any questions you have on the mailing list and if I I'm not
> able to answer everything, I'm sure others on the list will jump in.
>
> One more thing. The last few years the GSoC had posted general tips,
> guidelines, sample proposals etc to help people write their proposals. If
> nobody else beats me to it, I'll try to find these links and see if there's
> updated ones this year.
>
> [1] https://cwiki.apache.org/TUSCANYWIKI/home.html
> --
> Jean-Sebastien

Just a heads up. We've moved many of the samples out of the 2.x trunk
temporarily as we tidy them up and re-introduce them ready for the 2.0
release. You can currently find them here.

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/sca-java-2.x/contrib/samples/

But they need work so ask if there's anything you're stuck on.

Regards

Simon

Re: GSoC project idea : Develop a 'NoSQL' Datastore component for Apache Cassandra, CouchDB, Hadoop/Hbase

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.
Yes, I still find the idea very interesting, and I'll be happy to help
and mentor that GSoC project too.

--
Jean-Sebastien