Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Matt Raible <ma...@raibledesigns.com> on 2003/01/05 11:58:17 UTC

Validator enhancement request

Currently the Validator creates error messages in the order of that
fields are specified in validation.xml.  I am using XDoclet to generate
my forms, and the getter/setters in my form are in alphabetical order.
I am also using XDoclet to generate validation.xml and therefore, the
errors I receive when my form elements aren't valid are in alphabetical
order, rather than in the field order on my page.  Would it be difficult
to detect the field order on my page?  Yeah - I'm assuming so.  Any
ideas how to "workaround" this?

Thanks,

Matt