Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by Di Li <lo...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2016/03/10 20:48:24 UTC

No killing topologies manual step for Storm in HDP 2.3 rolling upgrade

Hello folks,

I noticed the manual step "Before continuing, please deactivate and kill any currently running topologies." is in upgrade-2.3.xml and nonrolling-upgrade-2.3.xml in HDP/2.2/upgrades. But starting HDP 2.3 stack (and HDP 2.4, etc) only the nonrolling-upgrade XML file has that manual step, the rolling ones don't have it anymore.

Is the step not neededĀ  anymore by rolling upgrade?

Di

Re: No killing topologies manual step for Storm in HDP 2.3 rolling upgrade

Posted by Jonathan Hurley <jh...@hortonworks.com>.
That is correct. Storm data wasn't portable between HDP 2.2 and HDP 2.3, so we needed to remove all storm data from ZK. HDP 2.3+ we no longer have to do this.

Posted by Jayush Luniya <jl...@hortonworks.com>.
Yes that is correct. We donĀ¹t need it for RU for HDP-2.3+.

Thanks
Jayush