Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by np...@inautix.co.in on 2009/09/09 08:32:56 UTC

Fast Web View PDF

Hi,
I am using Apache FOP 0.94 version to create PDF.
I need to know how to make Fast Web View PDF using API.
Quick response will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Nesamani Paulraj
Pershing Managed Account Solution (PMAS)
iNautix Technologies India Private Limited
http://www.inautix.co.in
Office: +91 44 22546000 Ext:1214
Email: npaulraj@inautix.co.in
VOIP:5247
Please consider the planet before printing this e-mail.

Re: Fast Web View PDF

Posted by Jay Berkenbilt <ej...@ql.org>.
npaulraj@inautix.co.in wrote:

> I am using Apache FOP 0.94 version to create PDF.
> I need to know how to make Fast Web View PDF using API.
> Quick response will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Nesamani Paulraj

Hopefully someone will be able to provide a response specific to fop,
but I thought I'd take this opportunity to let you know about qpdf
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/qpdf), which has the ability to create
linearized (which is what the PDF spec calls fast web view) PDF files
using a C++ API or from the command line.  I believe there are probably
Java solutions out there as well, though I'm not specifically aware of
any.  The current released version, 2.0.6, is UNIX-only (including
Linux), but I hope to release 2.1 in a few weeks which will include
Windows support and a DLL callable from C and therefore from many other
systems.  I'm working out the DLL interface with a user of Delphi who
can call C DLL functions.  In addition to qpdf, I've recently become
aware of PoDoFo which also offers APIs for doing various PDF
manipulation operations, and pdftk, which I think is more command-line
oriented, though I haven't personally used it.  I don't know whether
either supports linearization.

Perhaps this will be useful to you; if not, hopefully someone will be
able to provide information that is a better fit for your needs.

--
Jay Berkenbilt <ej...@ql.org>