Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Juan Manuel Formoso <jf...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/18 01:55:51 UTC

How can I switch from multiple disks to a single disk?

Because I ran out of space when shuffling, I was forced to add multiple
disks on my Cassandra nodes.

When I finish compacting, cleaning up, and repairing, I'd like to remove
them and return to one disk per node.

What is the procedure to make the switch?
Can I just kill cassandra, move the data from one disk to the other, remove
the configuration for the second disk, and re-start cassandra?

I assume files will not have the same name and thus not be overwritten, is
this the case? Does it pick it up just like that?

Thanks

--
*Juan Manuel Formoso
*Senior Geek