Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net> on 2011/04/01 18:45:31 UTC

testRAFReadWriteMultipleThreads assertion failure. Is this the same as DERBY-5140

I saw this failure with sane build  testing the addition of the
MadhareTest, which I don't think
is the source of the problem.

Is this the same as DERBY-5140 or something else?

1)    (org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.s
tore.InterruptResilienceTest)java.sql.SQLException: The exception
'junit.framewo
rk.AssertionFailedError: WorkerThread 2' was thrown while evaluating an
expressi
on.
         at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory40.getSQLException(SQLE
xceptionFactory40.java:98)
         at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Util.java:142)
         at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.seeNextException(Util.java:278)
         at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.wrapInSQLException
(TransactionResourceImpl.java:403)
         at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.handleException(Tr
ansactionResourceImpl.java:348)
         at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.handleException(EmbedConne
ction.java:2290)
         at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.ConnectionChild.handleException(Connection
Child.java:82)
         at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedStatement.executeStatement(EmbedState
ment.java:1334)
         at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedStatement.execute(EmbedStatement.java
:630)
         at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedStatement.executeUpdate(EmbedStatemen
t.java:179)
         at
org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.store.InterruptResilience
Test.testRAFReadWriteMultipleThreads(InterruptResilienceTest.java:532)
         at
java:60)
         at
sorImpl.java:37)
         at
org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.BaseTestCase.runBare(BaseTestCase.java:
112)
         at junit.extensions.TestDecorator.basicRun(TestDecorator.java:22)
         at junit.extensions.TestSetup$1.protect(TestSetup.java:19)
         at junit.extensions.TestSetup.run(TestSetup.java:23)
         at
org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.BaseTestSetup.run(BaseTestSetup.java:57
)
         at junit.extensions.TestDecorator.basicRun(TestDecorator.java:22)
         at junit.extensions.TestSetup$1.protect(TestSetup.java:19)
         at junit.extensions.TestSetup.run(TestSetup.java:23)
         at junit.extensions.TestDecorator.basicRun(TestDecorator.java:22)
         at junit.extensions.TestSetup$1.protect(TestSetup.java:19)
         at junit.extensions.TestSetup.run(TestSetup.java:23)
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: The exception
'junit.framework.AssertionFailed
Error: WorkerThread 2' was thrown while evaluating an expression.
         at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.getSQLException(SQLExc
eptionFactory.java:45)
         at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory40.wrapArgsForTransport
AcrossDRDA(SQLExceptionFactory40.java:122)
         at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory40.getSQLException(SQLE
xceptionFactory40.java:71)
         ... 43 more
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Java exception: 'WorkerThread 2:
junit.framewo
rk.AssertionFailedError'.
         at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.getSQLException(SQLExc
eptionFactory.java:45)
         at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory40.wrapArgsForTransport
AcrossDRDA(SQLExceptionFactory40.java:122)
         at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory40.getSQLException(SQLE
xceptionFactory40.java:71)
         at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Util.java:142)
         at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.javaException(Util.java:299)
         at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.wrapInSQLException
(TransactionResourceImpl.java:408)
         ... 41 more
Caused by: junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: WorkerThread 2
         at
org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.BaseTestCase.fail(BaseTestCase.java:771
)
         at
org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.store.InterruptResilience
Test.tstRAFReadWriteMultipleThreads(InterruptResilienceTest.java:260)
         at
org.apache.derby.exe.ac8f3600b1x012fx11e1xd308xffff92a7798d0.g0(Unkno
wn Source)
         at
java:60)
         at
sorImpl.java:37)
         at
org.apache.derby.impl.services.reflect.ReflectMethod.invoke(ReflectMe
thod.java:46)
         at
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.CallStatementResultSet.open(CallSta
tementResultSet.java:75)
         at
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.GenericPreparedStatement.executeStmt(Generi
cPreparedStatement.java:436)
         at
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.GenericPreparedStatement.execute(GenericPre
paredStatement.java:317)
         at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedStatement.executeStatement(EmbedState
ment.java:1242)
         ... 36 more
Caused by: java.lang.Exception: expected 08000,
sawjava.sql.SQLTransactionRollba
ckException: Container was opened in read-only mode.
         at
org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.store.InterruptResilience
Test$WorkerThread.run(InterruptResilienceTest.java:462)

FAILURES!!!
Tests run: 198,  Failures: 0,  Errors: 1

+ set +x

Re: testRAFReadWriteMultipleThreads assertion failure. Is this the same as DERBY-5140

Posted by "Dag H. Wanvik" <da...@oracle.com>.
Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net> writes:

> I saw this failure with sane build  testing the addition of the
> MadhareTest, which I don't think
> is the source of the problem.
> Is this the same as DERBY-5140 or something else?

It seems the test got 40XD1 ("Container was opened in read-only mode"),
when trying to write to the database. This is different from DERBY-5140.
I don't know how this could happen. The test uses
singleUseDatabaseDecorator, so the database is not the usual "wombat"..

If you can't explain it, I guess we'd better open a new issue.

Dag