Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Jason Unovitch <ja...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/28 02:10:04 UTC

Cassandra 1.2.x EOL date

Evening list,
Simple and quick question, can anyone point me to where the Cassandra
1.2.x series EOL date was announced?  I see archived mailing list
threads for 1.2.19 mentioning it was going to be the last release and
I see CVE-2015-0225 mention it is EOL.   I didn't see it say when the
official EOL date was.

Thanks!

Jason

Re: Cassandra 1.2.x EOL date

Posted by Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>.
On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 5:10 PM, Jason Unovitch <ja...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Simple and quick question, can anyone point me to where the Cassandra
> 1.2.x series EOL date was announced?  I see archived mailing list
> threads for 1.2.19 mentioning it was going to be the last release and
> I see CVE-2015-0225 mention it is EOL.   I didn't see it say when the
> official EOL date was.

When version n+2 is released, version n is EOL. Release dates for new
versions are not generally known in advance.

2.1.5 has been released, so 1.2.19 (2.1, 2.0, 1.2 = 1.2 is current -2) is
EOL for the 1.2 branch as of its release date.

In some very very rare case, it is theoretically possible that the most
recent version of an EOL branch might get a patch.

=Rob