Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Saurav Lahiri <sa...@sungardas.com> on 2014/04/01 17:36:14 UTC

Prevent console proxy support scripts from spawning multiple java processes

Hi,

The console proxy supporting scripts run.sh restarts the java process if it
determines that
for some reason the _run.sh has exited. If the original java process has
exited then that is
not an issue. If for some reason the java process is still running, then
the while loop which
calls _run.sh will cause a second instance of a jvm to start, which refers
to the same
log file namely cloud.out. It appears that two different jvms referring to
the same log file
is causing issues. A way to fix this could be to change the code in run.sh
to use the
get_pids routine to check  and preempt start of a new java process if an
existing process
is running.

Please let me know if I have read the situation correctly and if a defect
needs to be logged
for this.

Thanks
Saurav

Re: Prevent console proxy support scripts from spawning multiple java processes

Posted by Saurav Lahiri <sa...@sungardas.com>.
Raised defect : https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-6328

Thanks
Saurav