Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Vikas Srivastava <vi...@one97.net> on 2011/11/17 13:02:06 UTC

Need Help In HBASE

hey Folks,

I have some Queries regarding Hbase

1)  When ever i try to update the latest record and read later from the
client the reading time increases as the frequency of updates increase to
more than 10000 times.  Is there any way we can improve the performance or
reduce this delay.   It is also mentioned by our customer that the history
they are maintaining is only one.  We need to inform them what is the best
way to handle this and is there any configuration changes required or not
by going through the code or otherwise.

2)  When the Spilt processing is started and if we try to read or write a
particular region some times it takes few seconds to few minutes.  Is there
anyway we can avoid this situation or improve the situation.

--
With Regards
Vikas Srivastava

DWH & Analytics Team