Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "Herpertz, Francesca" <fr...@bearingpoint.com> on 2016/07/22 13:36:41 UTC

Timeouts during acknowledgements due to server being busy - setOptimizeAcknowledgeTimeOut not available in Artemis Impl

Hi all,
I am currently running into timeouts during acknowledgements on the server. I found so far, that ActiveMQ provides the following method on the ConnectionFactory:
setOptimizeAcknowledgeTimeOut (5.6)
Since 5.4.2 there is a default timeout on a batch optimized acknowledge which ensures that acks are timely even if consumers are slow. On slow networks, the timeout can expire before the batch limit is reached so the reduced bandwith utilisation is bypassed. In version 5.6, the timeout is configurable via the optimizeAcknowledgeTimeOut attribute. Set as above via the connectiion URI or at the factory and connection level. The default value is 300ms, a value of 0 disables.

As I am working with Artemis (wildfly 10 included version) I could not find this method in the Artemis implementation. Is there a way to do this in Artemis as well?  I think this would solve my problem I am currently facing. I have some garbage collections on the server which take 30s or longer (not optimal but not avoidable at the moment) which then lead to the timeout as the server is busy and does not send the ACK back soon enough.
Is there any other way to do this with the current Artemis implementation? If not is there an alternate way to ensure the timeout is long enough?

Thanks already and kind regards,
Francesca

________________________________
BearingPoint Software Solutions GmbH
Geschäftsführer: Jürgen Lux, Thomas Sauer-Brabänder, Dr. Robert Wagner
Sitz: Frankfurt am Main
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Frankfurt am Main HRB 81430

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, any review, disclosure, copying, distribution, retention, or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please reply to or forward a copy of this message to the sender and delete the message, any attachments, and any copies thereof from your system.

Re: Timeouts during acknowledgements due to server being busy - setOptimizeAcknowledgeTimeOut not available in Artemis Impl

Posted by fherpertz <fh...@googlemail.com>.
Anybody here who can help me with this issue? Or redirect me to somebody else
who has a better insight into the artemis implementation?

Thanks!