Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Frank McCreedy <fr...@nrlssc.navy.mil> on 2003/06/11 18:56:50 UTC

[users@httpd] CustomLog directive problem...

Please forgive if this message is formatted wrong, etc, this is my first
time posting to this list.

Does anyone know how to call java.exe in Apache's CustomLog directive? I'm
trying to call an executable JAR that takes a filename as a parameter and
it's not working (I think it is having trouble taking the command line
arguments, i.e., "-jar ApacheLogger.jar
c:\apache\logs\apachelogger.log.txt").  I read somewhere that using a
separate program for logging may be a bad idea anyway since many processes
can get started, but I thought I'd try it anyway...

I'm doing this on windows 2000, Apache 2.0.46

I saw a httpd.conf that had a CustomLog to a program that took a command
line argument, but using the same syntax did not work for me....

Any ideas are appreciated...

Frank