Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Oil Pine <oi...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/22 17:02:22 UTC

[users@httpd] What did I do wrong?

I'd been running apache2 server on my fedora core 3 machine for some
time. Since I set up two virtual servers, I've been getting the
following error message.

I did not mean to make the port SSL-enabled.

pine

Bad Request
Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Reason: You're speaking plain HTTP to an SSL-enabled server port.
Instead use the HTTPS scheme to access this URL, please.

        Hint: https://www.yxxx.org/

Re: [users@httpd] What did I do wrong?

Posted by Oil Pine <oi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I've solved the problem.
I failed to specify the port (:80) as follows:

NameVirtualHost *:80

#
# NOTE: NameVirtualHost cannot be used without a port specifier
# (e.g. :80) if mod_ssl is being used, due to the nature of the
# SSL protocol.
#

pine

Posted by Josh Feather <Jo...@hewitt.com>.
Did you enable mod_ssl...what command did you use to configure apache?

"Oil Pine" <oi...@gmail.com>

11/22/2005 10:02 AM
Please respond to
users@httpd.apache.org