Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by geeky2 <ge...@hotmail.com> on 2012/06/01 16:29:04 UTC

Re: possible status codes from solr during a (DIH) data import process

thank you ALL for the great feedback - very much appreciated!

Re: possible status codes from solr during a (DIH) data import process

Posted by Shawn Heisey <so...@elyograg.org>.
On 6/1/2012 11:51 AM, Savvas Andreas Moysidis wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Driven by the same requirements we also implemented the same polling
> mechanism (in java) and found it a bit awkward and error prone having
> to search through the returned response for occurrences of the terms
> "failure" or "Rollback" etc.
> It would be *really* handy if the status command returned numeric
> values to reflect the current state of the DIH process (similar to the
> HTTP status codes a server sends to a web browser).
>
> Our 2 cents.. :)
>
> On 1 June 2012 15:29, geeky2<ge...@hotmail.com>  wrote:
>> thank you ALL for the great feedback - very much appreciated!
>>

>> --

I have filed some Jira issues on DIH status, and created a patch for one
of them.

I thought I had filed an issue for redoing the status response so
there's a machine readable section and a human readable section, but now
I can't seem to find it, so perhaps I never did.

Thanks,
Shawn

Re: possible status codes from solr during a (DIH) data import process

Posted by Savvas Andreas Moysidis <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hello,