Posted to user@struts.apache.org by BinhMinh Nguyen <st...@yahoo.com> on 2001/09/27 18:25:26 UTC

DATASOURCE problem with NIGHTLY-BUILD version- 20010911 of STRUTS

I have no problem using Datasource in STRUT version
1.0, but when I upgrade STRUTS to nightly version, I
have a problem using datasource. Here how it happens

I first replace the XML parser and JAXP so that it can
support Namespace. Then I follow the instruction in
the "Nighlt Release" and I restart the Tomcat server.

TOMCAT complain that It cannot locate the
GenericDataSource. Something like this:
"
New org.apache.struts.util.GenericDataSource
EM> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org.apache.struts.util.GenericDataSource
"

I then followed some threads in the user-groups, they
said that I need to add jdbc2_0-stdext.jar to the
CLASSPATH or to the
WEB_INF/lib directory inside of your application. I
tried both ways. I still cannot sovled the problem . I
did open the the 'struts.jar' in the WEB-INF/lib to
make sure the GenericDataSource class is there.
Everything seems to be in the right place. but I
cannot get rid of the error. Please help me.

Thanks
Binh

http://phone.yahoo.com