Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net> on 2008/01/21 16:05:31 UTC

Re: [VOTE] [Studio] Should we release RC versions of Studio ? (was 'Re: [STUDIO] Next version')

On Jan 21, 2008 3:46 PM, Felix Knecht <fe...@apache.org> wrote:

> I don't know much about 'Who uses Apache Directory Studio'.
> OOH it doesn't makes a good impression to the user when a bugfix release
> follows immediately after a release,
> OTH do we get some better feedback from the User community when
> releasing an RC first or do users only use released versions?

You're totally right. That's a great summup of the situation.

We have never released any RC so far. We had 3 ßeta versions before
the 1.0but no RC.

I should have CCd this thread to our users' list too. Let's fix that and ask
our users what they prefer too.

Here's a reminder of the vote:

Emmanuel Lécharny was wondering if it would not be a good idea to release RC
> (Release Candidate) for the upcoming release(s).

[ ] +1 We should release RC versions first, prior to releasing a major
update.
[ ] +/-0 Abstain
[ ] -1 We should not release RC versions first, but the final version (and,
eventually, release a service update very quickly if some important bugs are
discovered)

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

Re: [VOTE] [Studio] Should we release RC versions of Studio ? (was 'Re: [STUDIO] Next version')

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
Thanks Felix and Emmanuel,

Emmanuel, I don't think the chairman's vote can be considered as non
binding...
Lazy copy/paste is bad.... :p :D

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.

> [X ] +1 (Non binding) We should release RC versions first, prior to
> releasing a major update.

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org

Re: [VOTE] [Studio] Should we release RC versions of Studio ? (was 'Re: [STUDIO] Next version')

Posted by Felix Knecht <fe...@apache.org>.
[X ] +1 (Non binding) We should release RC versions first, prior to
releasing a major update.
Felix

Re: [VOTE] [Studio] Should we release RC versions of Studio ? (was 'Re: [STUDIO] Next version')

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
Hi,

This vote is one week old now and we only have 2 binding votes.

Let me raise it on top of our mailboxes so other people can vote.

Thanks,
Pierre-Arnaud

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
+1 (not on vote but) I think it's important for you guys to figure out what
works best for you and your users as Emmanuel put so very well.  After all
these are the folks the release model is going to be designed for.  However
thank God for the update site :).

Alex

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.