Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Deepak MS <me...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/14 14:36:05 UTC

4.10 installation aborted

Hello,
I was trying to install 4.10(in an empty folder) using Apache Flex SDK
Installer 2.6 and my installation got aborted at 3rd step. I am using
Windows 7 - 64 bit.

This was the log I got:

Version 2.6.0 (windows)
Fetched the SDK download mirror URL from the CGI.
AIR version 3.8
Flash Player version 11.8
Creating Apache Flex home
Creating temporary directory
Downloading Apache Flex SDK from:
http://apache.tradebit.com/pub/flex/4.10.0/binaries/apache-flex-sdk-4.10.0-bin.zip
Verifying Apache Flex SDK MD5 Signature
The Apache Flex SDK MD5 Signature of the downloaded files does not match
the reference value. The file is invalid, installation is aborted.
Unable to clean up temporary installation directories
Installation aborted

Any clue what's going wrong in my installation?

Re: 4.10 installation aborted

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.
On 14/08/2013 13:36, Deepak MS wrote:
> http://apache.tradebit.com/pub/flex/4.10.0/binaries/apache-flex-sdk-4.10.0-bin.zip
> Verifying Apache Flex SDK MD5 Signature
> The Apache Flex SDK MD5 Signature of the downloaded files does not match
Can you download this file by hand and then find out it's MD5 hash (you
may need to install a tool to do this) ?

Does trying again work ?

It's a large file, so is sensitive to your network being slow, or
dropping out, for instance.

Tom

Re: 4.10 installation aborted

Posted by Marcus Fritze <ma...@googlemail.com>.
I think the closer.cgi is not the real link. This maybe tries to connect you to your nearest server.
So this is maybe always the same server with the corrupted file.

Maybe you try: http://ftp-stud.hs-esslingen.de/pub/Mirrors/ftp.apache.org/dist/flex/4.10.0/apache-flex-sdk-4.10.0-src.zip

Marcus

Android GCM push notification problem

Posted by Jerry Hamby <je...@vdex.com>.
I really need some help with an ANE problem.
I'm trying to get a mobile app to work with Android GCM push notifications.

I bought one ANE and I found another free one, but they both produce the same error and I can't figure out
exactly what I'm doing wrong.

Don't know if it's:
1- app.xml issues
2- property settings for the app not done correctly

I have searched and read almost everything I can from the internet, so far no luck.

Anyone out there with ANE experience?
Jerry

I keep getting a java.lang.RuntimeException error:
E/AndroidRuntime(23666): java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to instantiate receiver com.doitflash.air.extensions.gcm.BroadcastReceive: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Didn't find class "com.doitflash.air.extensions.gcm.BroadcastReceive" on path: DexPathList[[zip file "/data/app/air.com.vdex.

My system:
Mac
Flash Builder 4.7 running the latest Flex SDK from Apache Flex and Air 3.8

Re: 4.10 installation aborted

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
I tried it again, and it went through fine.  Weird.  I am out of ideas.

Om

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
+dev@flex.apache.org

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
+dev@flex.apache.org

Posted by Manish Sharma <ma...@hcl.com>.
Hi Om,

Downloading Apache Flex SDK from: http://www.gtlib.gatech.edu/pub/apache/flex/4.10.0/binaries/apache-flex-sdk-4.10.0-bin.zip
> [...]

> > a mirror just like how we have options to select flex version, air
> > version and flash player version.
> >
> > Let me try on some other network and I'll let you know how it goes.
> >

> > On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 11:41 AM, OmPrakash Muppirala <
> > bigosmallm@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 11:07 PM, Deepak MS
> >> <megharajdeepak@gmail.com

> >> Not

> http://apache.mesi.com.ar/flex/4.10.0/binaries/apache-flex-sdk-4.10.0-
> bin.zip

> but

> >> Deepak,
> >>
> >> That mirror started the download but aborted after partially
> >> downloading the file.  I am guessing that the particular mirror is having problems.
> >>
> >> If you run it again, the Installer would pick a different random
> >> mirror which would hopefully fix this problem.

::DISCLAIMER::

Re: 4.10 installation aborted

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Deepak MS <me...@gmail.com>.
Hi Om,

Posted by Deepak MS <me...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Om.

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Punit <pu...@gmail.com>.
I ran into the same issue some time ago.  I essentially had to manually download the components and then run the build.  The config file in the installer folder should help dictate what to do.

If you still need help how to do that then i can try to recall how i did it exactly.

Sent from my iPad

Posted by Deepak MS <me...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Punit <pu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Deepak MS <me...@gmail.com>.
Guys,

Posted by Deepak MS <me...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lucas,

Posted by Lucas Lacerda <lu...@gmail.com>.
Deepak... Hello.

Posted by rdata <rd...@hawaii.rr.com>.
On 8/14/2013 7:07 AM, OmPrakash Muppirala wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 9:50 AM, Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> wrote:
>
>> You may now have a bad zip in the browser cache.  Clear the IE and FireFox
>> browser caches and try again.
>>
> That is only if he is loading it from the same mirror every time (highly
> unlikely, because the Installer randomizes the mirror url every time)  The
> cached copy of one mirror should not affect the other mirror's file.
>

>> On 8/14/13 9:46 AM, "OmPrakash Muppirala" <bi...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Can you please post the Installer logs for each installation attempt?  If
>>> multiple mirrors are having the same problem, then this is a bigger issue
>>> that needs to be investigated.
>>>
>>> BTW, I just ran the Installer throught to completion and things seem to be
>>> working properly.

>> http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/flex/4.10.0/apache-flex-sdk-4.10.0-s

>>> This is expected behavior.  You will not be able to add a src kit to your
>>> IDE.   Your options are to
>>> a) directly download the binary kits and run the Make*IDE bat scripts
>>> b) download the src kits, build the binaries and run the Make*IDE bat
>>> scripts
>>> c) use the Installer which does everything for you
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Om

Can't say this will help but I downloaded the SDK 3xs. After the SDK
download is completed, my firewall would throw an alert asking to allow
the connection to proceed after which I got the rotating icon with no
progress. Cancelled the download, re-checked the firewall to set the
installer to 'Allow', SDK downloaded and the verification process began,
followed by all the other downloads.  Maybe?  You can fool me 3xs ... ?

Dwight

Re: 4.10 installation aborted

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Deepak MS <me...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marcus Fritze <ma...@googlemail.com>.
> That's a good suggestion.  Please open a JIRA task for it.

new issue: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-33668

Marcus

Re: 4.10 installation aborted

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Marcus Fritze <ma...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.
On 14/08/2013 15:36, OmPrakash Muppirala wrote:
> This indicates that the Flex SDK binary file on that particular mirror site
> is corrupted.
Why are we using mirrors that break ? And that we know break ?
Is there something we need to do better to stop this happening ?

Tom

Re: 4.10 installation aborted

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Aug 14, 2013 5:36 AM, "Deepak MS" <me...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I was trying to install 4.10(in an empty folder) using Apache Flex SDK
> Installer 2.6 and my installation got aborted at 3rd step. I am using
> Windows 7 - 64 bit.
>
> This was the log I got:
>
> Version 2.6.0 (windows)
> Fetched the SDK download mirror URL from the CGI.
> AIR version 3.8
> Flash Player version 11.8
> Creating Apache Flex home
> Creating temporary directory
> Downloading Apache Flex SDK from:

http://apache.tradebit.com/pub/flex/4.10.0/binaries/apache-flex-sdk-4.10.0-bin.zip
> Verifying Apache Flex SDK MD5 Signature
> The Apache Flex SDK MD5 Signature of the downloaded files does not match
> the reference value. The file is invalid, installation is aborted.
> Unable to clean up temporary installation directories
> Installation aborted
>
> Any clue what's going wrong in my installation?

This indicates that the Flex SDK binary file on that particular mirror site
is corrupted.

Usually this can be fixed by running the Installer again.  A random mirror
is picked every time, so the problem will most likely get fixed
automatically.

Thanks,
Om

Re: 4.10 installation aborted

Posted by Deepak MS <me...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Punit. I'll give it a try sometime.

Cheers!

Posted by Punit Shah <pu...@gmail.com>.