Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Clay Graham <cl...@newobjectivity.com> on 2002/05/08 22:35:22 UTC

virtual hosting in tomcat 3.2.3

hello,

I am trying to do virtual hosting in tomcat 3.2.3, does anyone have an
example, sorry if this gets asked alot.

I am writing because I am a little confused. I have found numerous
references to virtual hosting for tomcat 4 where an httpd.conf file is
referenced. I cannot find this file under my tomcat directory, is this for
people who are using apache?

what I have found was in the server.xml under the conf dir,

        <!-- Virtual host example -
             In "127.0.0.1" virtual host we'll reverse "/" and
             "/examples"
             (XXX need a better example )
             (use  "http://127.0.0.1/examples" )
        <Host name="127.0.0.1" >
           <Context path=""
                    docBase="webapps/examples" />
           <Context path="/examples"
                    docBase="webapps/ROOT" />
        </Host>
         -->

under the contect manager node....is this all I need to edit to make it
work?

I WILL upgrade if necc, but I don't want to go to that trouble if I don't
need to...

thanks,

clay