Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by David Johnson <ch...@gmail.com> on 2005/01/17 19:05:02 UTC

Tomcat 4.1.31 Out of Memory Follow up

Hi again

I've searched through the registry as well, and at
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Apache Tomcat
4.1.31\Parameters it DOES show the -Xmx=512M and -Xms=128M that are
set in my installService.bat.

It does not, however seem to be actually USING that much memory.

Is there a way to easily verify how much it's using?

Re: Tomcat 4.1.31 Out of Memory Follow up

Posted by David Johnson <ch...@gmail.com>.
Note: This is the bat file I'm using to install...

#Other Options to use
# -DXX:+PrintTenuringDistribution -DXX:+PrintGCDetails -Xverbosegc
# -DXms128M

@SET JAVA_HOME=C:\j2sdk_1_4_0_2
@SET TOMCAT_HOME=C:\Tomcat4.1
@SET TOMCAT_JVM="%JAVA_HOME%\jre\bin\client\jvm.dll"
@SET TOMCAT_CLASSPATH=%TOMCAT_HOME%\bin\bootstrap.jar;%TOMCAT_HOME%\common\lib\servlet.jar
@SET TOMCAT_ENDORSED=%TOMCAT_HOME%\common\endorsed
@SET TOMCAT_LOG=%TOMCAT_HOME%\logs\stdout.log
@SET TOMCAT_ERR_LOG=%TOMCAT_HOME%\logs\stderr.log

%TOMCAT_HOME%\bin\tomcat.exe -install "Apache Tomcat 4.1.31"
%TOMCAT_JVM% -Djava.class.path=%TOMCAT_CLASSPATH% -DXms64M -DXmx512M
-DXX:+PrintTenuringDistribution -DXX:+PrintGCDetails -Xverbosegc
-Djava.endorsed.dirs=%TOMCAT_ENDORSED% -Dcatalina.home=%TOMCAT_HOME%
-start org.apache.catalina.startup.BootstrapService -params start
-stop org.apache.catalina.startup.BootstrapService -params stop -out
%TOMCAT_LOG% -err %TOMCAT_ERR_LOG%