Posted to user@roller.apache.org by "Protogerellis, Alexandros (UK - London)" <ap...@deloitte.co.uk> on 2007/08/29 17:48:11 UTC

A number of questions

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to make up my mind on whether to use Roller as our blogging
platform... I've been looking around and trying it out all day but still
have a few questions I can't seem to find an answer for. I would really
appreciate any help, thoughts and comments!

So, here goes:
1) Are there any figures or records of how scalable roller is? I know
Sun uses it for its corporate blogs, but is that a standard Roller build
or something slightly different?

2) RSS related questions:
- Is it possible to deliver feeds via secure RSS?
- Is it possible to create custom feeds based on the tags of posts?

3) Is it possible to email daily summaries of posts and so on?

4) Is there a way for users to rank individual posts?

5) Is it possible to produce a report on number of posts added, site
views, unique users, RSS feed consumption etc?

6) It seems that Active directory integration is possible, however there
appear to be a couple of glitches on Roller 2.1 (e.g. user needs to
restart browser). Have these been fixed in 3.1?

That's it...

Any help is much appreciated...

Many thanks,
Alex

IMPORTANT NOTICE
If you have received this e-mail in error or wish to read our e-mail disclaimer statement and monitoring policy, please refer to the statement below or contact the sender.
This communication is from Deloitte & Touche LLP.  Deloitte & Touche LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at Stonecutter Court, 1 Stonecutter Street, London EC4A 4TR, United Kingdom.  Deloitte & Touche LLP is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.  Deloitte & Touche LLP is the United Kingdom member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu ('DTT'), a Swiss Verein whose member firms are separate and independent legal entities.  Neither DTT nor any of its member firms has any liability for each other's acts or omissions.  Services are provided by member firms or their subsidiaries and not by DTT.
This communication and any attachments contain information which is confidential and may also be privileged.   It is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s).  If you are not the intended recipient(s) please note that any form of disclosure, distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information in it or in any attachments is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this communication in error, please return it with the title "received in error" to IT.SECURITY.UK@deloitte.co.uk then delete the email and destroy any copies of it.
E-mail communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free, as information could be intercepted, corrupted, amended, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.  We do not accept liability for any such matters or their consequences.  Anyone who communicates with us by e-mail is taken to accept the risks in doing so. When addressed to our clients, any opinions or advice contained in this e-mail and any attachments are subject to the terms and conditions expressed in the governing Deloitte & Touche LLP client engagement letter.
Opinions, conclusions and other information in this e-mail and any attachments which do not relate to the official business of the firm are neither given nor endorsed by it.

RE: A number of questions

Posted by "Protogerellis, Alexandros (UK - London)" <ap...@deloitte.co.uk>.
Thanks a lot Leon, this is very detailed and useful!

Alex

Posted by Leon Messerschmidt <le...@lonelyplanet.com.au>.
Hi Alex,

London) wrote:
> [...]
> E-mail communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free, as information could be intercepted, corrupted, amended, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.  We do not accept liability for any such matters or their consequences.  Anyone who communicates with us by e-mail is taken to accept the risks in doing so. When addressed to our clients, any opinions or advice contained in this e-mail and any attachments are subject to the terms and conditions expressed in the governing Deloitte & Touche LLP client engagement letter.
> Opinions, conclusions and other information in this e-mail and any attachments which do not relate to the official business of the firm are neither given nor endorsed by it.

This email, including attachments, is intended only for the addressee
and may be confidential, privileged and subject to copyright.  If you
have received this email in error, please advise the sender and delete
it.  If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must not
use, copy or disclose its content to anyone.  You must not copy or
communicate to others content that is confidential or subject to
copyright, unless you have the consent of the content owner.