Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Niek Bunskoek <Ni...@OVSoftware.com> on 2001/03/20 13:08:54 UTC

ssing Jetspeed through Apache, not Tomcat

Hello,

I want to access Jetspeed through Apache, not Tomcat.

Tomcat 3.2.1 is running
Apache 1.3.6 is running
Jetspeed 1.3a1 is running

When I access Jetspeed by doing this:
http://localhost:8080/jetspeed/index.jsp everything is working. I am able to
login.
When I access Jetspeed by doing this: http://localhost/jetspeed/index.jsp it
also works, but when I want to log in (servlet) it says it can't find the
page. I think I need to map the servlet(s), but how?

Can somebody help me to run Jetspeed by running through Apache?

Thanks,

Niek Bunskoek

As you are aware, e-mails sent via Internet can easily be prepared or
manipulated by third persons, For this reason we trust you will understand
that, for your own and our protection, we rule out the legal validity of the
foregoing statements and comments. The applicable regulations of OVSoftware
on the legal validity of declarations of intent of a binding nature remain
unaffected.
This message is confidential. It may also be privileged or otherwise
protected by legal rules. It may be unlawful for you to read, copy or use it
in anyway. If you have received it by mistake please let us know by reply
and then delete it from your system.

Re: ssing Jetspeed through Apache, not Tomcat

Posted by Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>.
Santiago Gala wrote:

> Niek Bunskoek wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I want to access Jetspeed through Apache, not Tomcat.

>> Tomcat 3.2.1 is running
>> Apache 1.3.6 is running
>> Jetspeed 1.3a1 is running
>>
>> When I access Jetspeed by doing this:
>> http://localhost:8080/jetspeed/index.jsp everything is working. I am
>> able to
>> login.
>> When I access Jetspeed by doing this:
>> http://localhost/jetspeed/index.jsp it
>> also works, but when I want to log in (servlet) it says it can't find the
>> page. I think I need to map the servlet(s), but how?
>>

> You need to map /jetspeed/portal/ to the Jetspeed servlet
>
> Tomcat creates a mod_jk.conf-auto file. You need to copy it to another
> location, as it is generated every time tomcat runs, and modify it so
> that it looks similar to (check your paths):
>
> Alias /jetspeed "/usr/share/jakarta/dist/tomcat/webapps/jetspeed/"
> <Directory "/usr/share/jakarta/dist/tomcat/webapps/jetspeed">
>     Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
> </Directory>
>
> #
> # The following line mounts all JSP files and the /servlet/ uri to tomcat
> #
> JkMount /jetspeed/servlet/* lb
> JkMount /jetspeed/*.jsp lb
> JkMount /jetspeed/portal/* lb

NOTE: I have configured a "lb" connector. Your setup will possibly use
ajp12 or ajp13. CHECK IT, please :)

Posted by Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>.