Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by alopez27 <al...@fcci-group.com> on 2016/12/28 18:26:41 UTC

How to persist the producer message before it reach the broker

I understand the persistence on the broker side, my question is on the client
side. If the broker is down how I can assure the producer will send the
messages as soon as the broker is backup?

Re: How to persist the producer message before it reach the broker

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
In ActiveMQ and probably others, it's possible to run an embedded broker
within the client process. The client connects to the embedded broker and
the embedded broker connects to the standalone broker. This allows the
client to continue operating even when a connection to the standalone
broker isn't possible, but it requires a more complicated configuration and
it can mean that messages may disappear from the broker network when the
client disconnects, which might be unacceptable depending on your needs.

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.