Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Lee Mighdoll <le...@underneath.ca> on 2014/07/23 18:16:14 UTC

akka 2.3.x?

Is there branch somewhere with current spark on a current version of akka?
I'm trying to embed spark into a spray app. I can probably backport our app
to 2.2.3 for a little while, but I wouldn't want to be stuck there too long.

Related: do I need the protobuf shading if I'm using the
spark-cassandra-connector rather than the hadoop back end?

Cheers,
Lee

Re: akka 2.3.x?

Posted by yardena <ym...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Matei!

I looked at the pull request, but we are not yet ready to move to Scala 2.11
and at this point prefer to upgrade only Akka, so I filed
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-2707 as a separate issue.

  Yardena

Re: akka 2.3.x?

Posted by Matei Zaharia <ma...@gmail.com>.
This is being tracked here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-1812, since it will also be needed for cross-building with Scala 2.11. Maybe we can do it before that. Probably too late for 1.1, but you should open an issue for 1.2.

In that JIRA I linked, there's a pull request from a month ago that adds Akka 2.3, so that's worth looking at.

Matei

Re: akka 2.3.x?

Posted by yardena <ym...@gmail.com>.