Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org> on 2001/06/06 09:09:58 UTC

some philosophy on build breakage (was: Re: Dreid CVS commits break Windows build)

On Tue, Jun 05, 2001 at 08:25:47PM -0500, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> [...]

Actually, this is also an opportune time for a high-level comment on Apache
development:

    The developer guidelines state that we should ensure the code that we
    check in works on *our* platform. A given developer is not required to
    guarantee proper building on other platforms.

That said, we also show some simple respect for each other and attempt to
not break other platforms (but it still happens, nevertheless). In this
case, Cliff went and added some stuff to the .dsp files and crossed his
fingers that would be sufficient. Missing the apr_private.h bit and the
makefiles are quite understandable.

Cheers,
-g

--