Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org> on 2011/01/19 01:42:31 UTC

Fwd: Apache Libcloud 0.4.2 Released!

Have our rules about branding podlings changed?

More specifically, is the announcement below in keeping with those rules?

Ross

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 6:33 PM, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 6:43 PM, Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> What specific questions you have ? Is it the project calling
>>> themselves "Apache Libcloud" without a "incubating" disclaimer ?
>>
>> That's the main one, yes. It's also the wording being pretty much identical
>> to a TLP release announcement.
>>
>>> Anyway, following the download page, the release artifacts are
>>> suffixed with "incubating" (apache-libcloud-incubating-0.4.2.zip) and
>>> they also contain the DISCLAIMER file saying they are under
>>> incubating.
>>
>> That's great (the home page doesn't have such a disclaimer, but does have
>> the incubator logo).
>>
>> I'm not meaning to pick on Libcloud, I'm just trying to understand where the
>> lines are drawn.
>>
>> Ross
>>

> The release management guidelines are very light on announcements
> requirements [1], but looking at the past announcements, this seems
> like following the general practice [2]
>
> [1] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#announcements
> [2] http://markmail.org/search/%5Bannounce%5D+list:org.apache.incubator.general

Most of those announcements do seem to at least mention something
about incubating, the release management guide is a bit sparse though,
I think we should update the release management guide to at least
mention that announcements must follow the branding guidelines at
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/branding.html, and say poddling
announcements must mention that its incubating and perhaps include the
full disclaimer text in the email.

   ...ant

Re: Apache Libcloud 0.4.2 Released!

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.