Posted to openrelevance-user@lucene.apache.org by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org> on 2010/03/25 01:03:27 UTC

Apache Lucene EuroCon Call For Participation: Prague, Czech Republic May 20 & 21, 2010

Apache Lucene EuroCon Call For Participation - Prague, Czech Republic May 20 & 21, 2010

All submissions must be received by Tuesday, April 13, 2010, 12 Midnight CET/6 PM US EDT

The first European conference dedicated to Lucene and Solr is coming to Prague from May 18-21, 2010. Apache Lucene EuroCon is running on on not-for-profit basis, with net proceeds donated back to the Apache Software Foundation. The conference is sponsored by Lucid Imagination with additional support from community and other commercial co-sponsors.

Key Dates:
24 March 2010: Call For Participation Open
13 April 2010: Call For Participation Closes
16 April 2010: Speaker Acceptance/Rejection Notification
18-19 May 2010: Lucene and Solr Pre-conference Training Sessions
20-21 May 2010: Apache Lucene EuroCon

This conference creates a new opportunity for the Apache Lucene/Solr community and marketplace, providing  the chance to gather, learn and collaborate on the latest in Apache Lucene and Solr search technologies and what's happening in the community and ecosystem. There will be two days of Lucene and Solr training offered May 18 & 19, and followed by two days packed with leading edge Lucene and Solr Open Source Search content and talks by search and open source thought leaders.

We are soliciting 45-minute presentations for the conference, 20-21 May 2010 in Prague. The conference and all presentations will be in English.

Topics of interest include:
- Lucene and Solr in the Enterprise (case studies, implementation, return on investment, etc.)
- “How We Did It”  Development Case Studies
- Spatial/Geo search
- Lucene and Solr in the Cloud
- Scalability and Performance Tuning
- Large Scale Search
- Real Time Search
- Data Integration/Data Management
- Tika, Nutch and Mahout
- Lucene Connectors Framework
- Faceting and Categorization
- Relevance in Practice
- Lucene & Solr for Mobile Applications
- Multi-language Support
- Indexing and Analysis Techniques
- Advanced Topics in Lucene & Solr Development

All accepted speakers will qualify for discounted conference admission. Financial assistance is available for speakers that qualify.

To submit a 45-minute presentation proposal, please send an email to cfp@lucene-eurocon.org containing the following information in plain text:

1. Your full name, title, and organization

2. Contact information, including your address, email, phone number

3. The name of your proposed session (keep your title simple and relevant to the topic)

4. A 75-200 word overview of your presentation (in English); in addition to the topic, describe whether your presentation is intended as a tutorial, description of an implementation, an theoretical/academic discussion, etc.

5. A 100-200-word speaker bio that includes prior conference speaking or related experience (in English)

To be considered, proposals must be received by 12 Midnight CET Tuesday, 13 April 2010 (Tuesday 13 April 6 PM US Eastern time, 3 PM US Pacific Time).

sponsor@lucene-eurocon.org

Key Dates

24 March 2010: Call For Participation Open
13 April 2010: Call For Participation Closes
16 April 2010: Speaker Acceptance/Rejection Notification
18-19 May 2010  Lucene and Solr Pre-conference Training Sessions
20-21 May 2010: Apache Lucene EuroCon

We look forward to seeing you in Prague!

Grant Ingersoll
Apache Lucene EuroCon Program Chair
www.lucene-eurocon.org

Re: Apache Lucene EuroCon Call For Participation: Prague, Czech Republic May 20 & 21, 2010

Posted by mb...@yahoo.com.
Grant,

Were you going to send out the "open for registration" email as well?

-Mike

Fwd: Apache Lucene EuroCon Call For Participation: Prague, Czech Republic May 20 & 21, 2010

Posted by Yonik Seeley <ys...@gmail.com>.
Forwarding to lucene only - the big cross-post caused my gmail filters
to "file" it.
-Yonik

[...]

Please email any questions regarding the conference to
info@lucene-eurocon.org. To be added to the conference mailing list,
please email signup@lucene-eurocon.org. If your organization is
interested in sponsorship opportunities, email

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
Just a reminder, just over one week left open on the CFP.  Some great talks entered already.  Keep it up!

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.

Posted by Yonik Seeley <ys...@gmail.com>.
Forwarding to solr only - the big cross-post caused my gmail filters
to "file" it.
-Yonik

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.