Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by gerhard oettl <ge...@oesoft.at> on 2005/12/30 13:32:30 UTC

force-page-count

hello

I tried to implement the force-page-count property. It looks like
someone had already prepaired many things and it looks easy, but
there is a showstopper: I had no luck using the
getSucceedingPageSequence function of
/fop/fo/pagination/Root.java from
/fop/layoutmgr/PageSequenceLayoutManager.java by calling

nextPageSeq = pageSeq.getRoot().getSucceedingPageSequence(pageSeq)

it always returns null. In detail the
currentIndex = pageSequences.indexOf(current)
part of the getSucceedingPageSequence function always returns -1

Because i am not very familiar with java and the
getSucceedingPageSequence function is not used elsewhere i want
to ask if it is working as expected or if i called it in a wrong
manner.

Though the work is not ready and not tested at all i venture to
append the patch because it is very little to give you a larger
picture of the circumstances.

gerhard

--
 .''`.   gerhard oettl   on   Debian/Gnu Linux
: :'  :

Re: force-page-count

Posted by gerhard oettl <ge...@oesoft.at>.
On Fri, Dec 30, 2005 at 01:32:30PM +0100, gerhard oettl wrote:
>hello

[...]
>Because i am not very familiar with java and the
>getSucceedingPageSequence function is not used elsewhere i want
>to ask if it is working as expected or if i called it in a wrong
>manner.

i found the reason myself (the page-sequences are not added to
the root.pageSequences-list) so i can go on.

sorry for wasting your time - i will call again if i succeed.

gerhard