Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Joshi, Harini" <ha...@deloitte.com> on 2020/03/23 17:39:47 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache error after Microsoft patching

Hi,

We recently patched Apache web server (Windows 2016) with Microsoft Patch KB4537764

The version of Apache that we currently use in our prod environment is as below:

Server version: Apache/2.4.41 (Win64)

Apache Lounge VS16 Server built:   Aug  9 2019 16:46:32

We noticed that after the installation of this patch end users were getting HTTP 500 error. Once the patch was rolled back, this error got resolved.

Please advise.

Thank you,
-Harini Joshi

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, by you is strictly prohibited.

Deloitte refers to a Deloitte member firm, one of its related entities, or Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited ("DTTL"). Each Deloitte member firm is a separate legal entity and a member of DTTL. DTTL does not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more.

v.E.1

Re: [users@httpd] Apache error after Microsoft patching

Posted by Richard <li...@listmail.innovate.net>.

> Date: Monday, March 23, 2020 17:39:47 +0000
> From: "Joshi, Harini" <ha...@deloitte.com>
>
> Hi,
>
> We recently patched Apache web server (Windows 2016) with Microsoft
> Patch KB4537764
>
> The version of Apache that we currently use in our prod environment
> is as below:
>

> Server version: Apache/2.4.41 (Win64)
>
> Apache Lounge VS16 Server built:   Aug  9 2019 16:46:32
>
> We noticed that after the installation of this patch end users were
> getting HTTP 500 error. Once the patch was rolled back, this error
> got resolved.

On its own, a browser "500" error is mostly meaningless. What is
showing in your error log?