Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by "joelfradkin@gmail.com" <jo...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/12 15:17:43 UTC

how to redirect to a URL returned from a service.

In my EDI stuff, one of my suppliers uses services.
I just added the code to send them a xml file via http.
If it goes well they respond with a URL for the client saying its all good,
or recommending products that might replace products not available, so they
can fix up their order.
I am using widgets to call a java service that calls their service.
I get back a httpresponse that will either have error or url.
I was not sure how to get to the URL.
I know in java you can redireect, as I do this in my auth stuff.
Is that the best way? I did a out param with a url, but not sure I need it,
or if there is a better technique compared to the java redirect?

-----
Joel Fradkin

Re: how to redirect to a URL returned from a service.

Posted by "joelfradkin@gmail.com" <jo...@gmail.com>.
I can try that. Thank you.
I thought if I got the response from the context I could sendredirect, but
no luck.
I will try using an event type where they are passed in.
appreciate the idea.

-----

Posted by Pranay Pandey <pr...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Good to know that it worked, thanks Joel.

Pranay Pandey
Senior Manager, Enterprise Software Development
HotWax Media
www.hotwaxmedia.com

Posted by Pranay Pandey <pr...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Hi Joel,

Not sure if I entirely understood the case but In such case you can go with
a java event instead of service as you can deal with request and response
there.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/OFBiz+Tutorial+-+A+Beginners+Development+Guide#OFBizTutorial-ABeginnersDevelopmentGuide-JavaEvent

-
Pranay