Posted to user@flink.apache.org by "Geldenhuys, Morgan Karl" <mo...@tu-berlin.de> on 2021/12/10 17:31:51 UTC

Latency monitoring in Flink 1.14.0

Greetings all,

I am attempting to setup latency monitoring for a flink 1.14.0 job. According to the documentation<https://nightlies.apache.org/flink/flink-docs-release-1.14/docs/ops/metrics/>, I have done the following:

In my kubernetes setup I have added the following to the kubernetes-session.sh command:

-Dmetrics.latency.granularity=\"operator\" \
-Dmetrics.latency.interval=1000 \

However, when looking at Prometheus, I do not see histograms related to latency (prometheus is configured correctly).

I have added the following to my job pom and am using the new KafkaSource/KafkaSink classes:

<dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.flink</groupId>
    <artifactId>flink-streaming-java_2.11</artifactId>
    <version>1.14.0</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.flink</groupId>
    <artifactId>flink-clients_2.11</artifactId>
    <version>1.14.0</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.flink</groupId>
    <artifactId>flink-connector-kafka_2.11</artifactId>
    <version>1.14.0</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.flink</groupId>
    <artifactId>flink-statebackend-rocksdb_2.11</artifactId>
    <version>1.14.0</version>
</dependency>

Would really appreciate some help here. Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Morgan.

Re: Latency monitoring in Flink 1.14.0

Posted by Timo Walther <tw...@apache.org>.
It turned out this was a bug and will be fixed in the next (non-log4j)
patch version:

Timo

Posted by Timo Walther <tw...@apache.org>.
Hi Morgan,