Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Kevin Jones <jo...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/01 21:47:18 UTC

[users@httpd] httpd unresponsive

When I try to run Apache with "httpd", I only get a blank response.

I'm compiling Apache 2.2.4 with mod_ssl for Windows XP Pro, using the
instructions I found here:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/platform/win_compiling.html
http://www.apachelounge.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=778

When all is said and done, I try to run "httpd -D SSL -k install" (to
install as a service) then "httpd -k start" from the Apache-2.2.4/bin
directory.

However, all that happens is a blank line in the command window followed by
the command prompt. And when I try to access "http://localhost", and "
https://localhost", the sites aren't up.

Even "httpd -h" and "httpd -v" greet me with a blank line.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there some step I'm missing in
compiling this for Windows?

Thanks for any help.
- Kevin

Script I'm using to build Apache in Debug mode:

CALL "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\bin\vcvars32.bat"
CALL "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003
R2\setenv.cmd"

cd "C:\httpd-2.2.4\srclib\openssl"
perl Configure VC-WIN32
perl util\mkfiles.pl >MINFO
perl util\mk1mf.pl dll no-asm no-mdc2 no-rc5 no-idea VC-WIN32 >makefile.rel
perl util\mk1mf.pl dll debug no-asm no-mdc2 no-rc5 no-idea VC-WIN32 >
makefile.dbg
perl util\mkdef.pl 32 libeay no-asm no-mdc2 no-rc5 no-idea >ms\libeay32.def
perl util\mkdef.pl 32 ssleay no-asm no-mdc2 no-rc5 no-idea >ms\ssleay32.def
nmake -f makefile.rel
nmake -f makefile.dbg

cd "C:\httpd-2.2.4"
nmake /f Makefile.win _apached
nmake /f Makefile.win installd INSTDIR="C:\Apache-2.2.4"

Re: [users@httpd] httpd unresponsive

Posted by Kevin Jones <jo...@gmail.com>.
I'm doing a command line compile with nmake.
Simply:
nmake /f Makefile.win _apached
nmake /f Makefile.win installd INSTDIR="C:\Apache-2.2.4"

I first tried Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition, and couldn't get that to
compile. I think that was because of references to .h files.
With nmake, it compiles, but afterwards, it doesn't do anything.

- Kevin

Posted by Richard de Vries <ri...@yahoo.com>.
What compiler are you using?